Welcome to the New Year and the new committee!
In case you haven’t been introduced here are the new committee members:
- President—Anita Yousif
- Vice Presidents—Mary Casey & Penny Crook
- Secretary—Caitlin D’Gluyas
- Treasurer—Helen Nicholson
- Web Manager—Nick Pitt
- Blog Editors—Abi Cryerhall & Jane Rooke
- Awards Coordinator—Catherine Tucker
- Education Resources Coordinator—Alison Frappell
- Other Societies Representative—Iain Stuart
- Public/Community Engagement Coordinator—Jennifer Jones-Travers
- Social Media Officer—Ngaire Richards
- Events Coordinator—Stephanie Moore
- General Committee Member—Bronwyn Woff
Just a bit of shameless advertising…if you have anything you would like to blog please feel free to email us at [email protected]. Perhaps there is an upcoming event you would like to advertise or a past event you would like to share. Is there an artefact worthy of the title ‘Artefact of the Month’ or an interesting project you have been working on or dreaming about? Send them to us and we will pop them on the website. We have some exciting blogs already planned but are always keen to have many more up our sleeves!
ASHA Strategic Planning Weekend in Canberra
Although a great deal gets achieved in our monthly ASHA committee meetings, they just don’t give us quite enough time to discuss everything we would like to, so last weekend the ASHA committee travelled to Canberra for a day of planning and strategy. The current committee were present with apologies from Mary Casey and Jennifer Jones-Travers.
The agenda covered:
- ASHA’s Mission and Vision
- Committees roles and delegations
- Membership and outreach
- ASHA publications, website and social media
- Collaboration with industry
- Organisations and visibility
- ASHA calendar of events 2019-2021 (this included the Conference for the next 5 years)
- State of the current constitution
- Pathways Database of Archaeology
- Archaeology Passport
The sessions were very productive with the agenda discussed and debated, actions decided, and timeframes set. Stay tuned for more details and information on our action list progress in the next few months.
Thank you to GML for providing the Canberra office space for the weekend. Also a huge thank you to Caiti D’Gluyas for her fantastic morning/afternoon teas and lunches.