From time to time, ASHA has published honours, masters and PhD thesis abstracts in either the Newsletter or Australasian Historical Archaeology.
At the present time, these have not been collected into a single unified database. However, this page aims to collect some of these published collections of abstracts, as the Web Manager becomes aware of them.
- University of Sydney 1979-1991
- University of Sydney 1994
- University of Sydney 1997
- La Trobe University and University of Otago 1998
- Flinders and La Trobe Universities 1999
- Flinders University, ANU and UWA 2000
- University of WA 2003
- Flinders 2005
- University of WA 2007
- University of Queensland 2007
- University of WA 2009
- La Trobe University 2010
- University of WA 2010
- University of Sydney 2010 and 2011
- University of WA 2011
- 2013 – collected abstracts
- 2014 – collected abstracts
- 2015 – collected abstracts
- 2016 – collected abstracts
- 2018 – collected abstracts
If you are researching historical archaeology and searching for theses, you should check other sources, such as the federated library catalogue search in Trove (theses can appear there as either books or datasets). A broader collection of Australian archaeological thesis abstracts is maintained by the Australian Archaeological Association. ASHA is not responsible for the content of these external links.
ASHA does not hold copies of any of these theses. Interested researchers should contact either the relevant university department, library or scholar. Frequently theses are available online, either through university websites or through third-party sites such as Academia.edu.